The secure QR code anti-counterfeiting solution
Anti-counterfeiting tech that works within your existing packaging and printing process.
Scantrust connects millions of products to millions of people
Why choose our anti-counterfeit solution?
Use your existing printing process or our certified printing partners
Authenticate a product using just a smartphone, with or without an app
Get counterfeit alerts for your team and inspectors
Why use secure QR Codes for anti-counterfeiting?
Instant product authentication with a smartphone
- Scan and authenticate any product with a Scantrust secure QR code using most mobile phones
- Authentication scanning can be set up to use a dedicated mobile app or no app at all for wider compatibility through a mobile webpage
- Compatible with most modern smartphones
- Embed authentication function into apps, on your website, or via API or redirect.
- Supports inspector-level authentication with login
Learn about anti-counterfeiting apps
Secure QR codes use proven technology for anti-counterfeit packaging and documents
- Secure QR codes are standard QR codes upgraded with an embedded secure graphic. This combination creates a new kind of anti-counterfeit solution and secure document feature
- Secure QR codes can be serialized QR codes (unique) or non-serialized QR codes (SKU/ product grouping level)
- Can be printed with industrial printers that use standard inks and substrates
- Based on decades of technological research and discovery
Learn more about secure qr codes
Get data for counterfeit enforcement
See at a glance where confirmed and likely counterfeits are being scanned by customers. Use data for enforcement operations.
- Counterfeit detection algorithms use serialized QR code scan location, scan count, and the physical distance between scans
- Reports and alerts use unique QR code serial numbers for more detailed, granular data
Talk to an expert
How to use QR codes as an anti-counterfeit solution
1. Secure QR codes are printed directly on packaging or labels
Scantrust will recommend a printing partner or advise on how to print with your equipment and material
2. Codes are activated
Only securely activated codes on items can be authenticated by end-users. This adds a useful layer of security
3. Codes are authenticated using a mobile phone
Product authentication using secure QR codes can be performed by professional users, inspectors, or end user consumers
4. Monitor for counterfeits with alerts and reporting
Act on counterfeit data based on in-market or inspector scans with prompt alerts and historical data
Top brands use the Scantrust secure QR code anti-counterfeiting solution
Protects water filters while engaging professional installers using Scantrust QR codes.
Read case study
After reviewing available anti-counterfeiting options, Scantrust secure QR codes for wine labels proved to be the best option.
Read Case study
Protects lubricant products from counterfeiting with Scantrust secured QR codes.
Read case study
Protect your brand & customers with secure QR codes